If you have a Pre 3 (AT&T) and wonder how you can add Skype to it, you may be able to get it done. AT&T was never launched, Verizon and the European version will have Skype built-in. I have tried searching for Skype in the App Catalog, unfortunately, I can't get it.
1. Download the webOS 2.2.0 for Unlocked Pre 3 from webOS Doctor.
2. Extract the content of the jar file.
3. Open the wr.tar file and the Skype app (com.palm.app.skype_1.1-8.3_armv7.ipk) is in there.
4. Set your device as USB device as you will need to copy Skype app into /media/internal/downloads folder. Once copied, eject the device.
5. Put your device into Developer mode.
If you are using Debian/Windows, you can go into command-line. Whilst in command-line, type novaterm.
Once your device is able to be recognised by your OS (Debian/Windows), you will see something like this:
6. You can then type the following in command-line:
ipkg -force-depends install /media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.skype_1.1-8.3_armv7.ipk
Reboot your phone and you will see a new account being added.